2015 MCLAREN P1 - 433 MILES (collectingcars.com)
- A single-owner, exceptionally low-mileage example of an acclaimed hybrid supercar.
- A maximum output of 903hp and 664lb-ft of torque is produced by the combination of a twin-turbocharged 3.8L V8, producing up to 727hp and 531lb-ft, and a 177hp/192lb-ft electric motor to provide ‘torque fill’, which drive the rear wheels via a seven-speed Graziano dual-clutch transmission with paddle shift.
- One of just 375 examples produced.
- The high factory specification includes Elite Fire Black paint, extensive gloss carbon fibre trim, contrasting red badging and brake callipers, and Stealth wheels.
- This US-market car was collected from the factory by the owner and currently registered in California under PNO status.
EQUIPMENT AND FEATURES
- The P1 boasts meticulous construction techniques, centred on an exceptionally lightweight carbon fibre monocoque chassis weighing just 90kg, and clothed in carbon body panels. During the development of the P1, wherever McLaren could save weight, they did: the glass is ultra-thin, there are no carpets, and even the carbon finishes in the cabin were left naked rather than lacquered. As a result, the car tips the scales with a dry weight of 1395kg – making many of today’s supercars look positively bloated.
- There are F1-derived active aerodynamics, as well as an Instant Power Assist System (IPAS), Drag Reduction System (DRS), and a kinetic energy recovery system (KERS).
- The P1’s outright performance figures are astonishing, with the car capable of launching from zero to 62mph in just 2.8 seconds, zero to 124mph in 6.8 seconds, and going on to a top speed of 217mph.
- This McLaren P1 was specified from the factory in the Elite Paint colour of Fire Black, with the nose badge picked out in vibrant red, along with the brake calipers over carbon discs.
- It was also specified with the satin finish Stealth alloy wheels, shod in Pirelli P Zero tires.
- The roof snorkel, bumpers, side panels and ducts, door mirror and arms, rear clam insert, and the rear wing all have a gloss carbon fibre finish.
- Inside, the car is equipped with the Carbon Fibre Racing Seats, trimmed in Carbon Black leather and Alcantara, and accented by Harissa Red stitching.
- The specification includes front and rear parking sensors, the Meridian surround-sound system, dual-zone air conditioning, cruise control, high-voltage battery charger, and tyre pressure monitoring system.
- Accompanying the car are the third- and fourth-year annual servicing documents from O’Gara Coach/McLaren Beverly Hills.